Barton County Health Department/
1301 E. 12th St./ Lamar, Mo. 64759 Phone: 1-417-682-3363
Serving Barton County and Surrounding Areas Since 1966
We will be closed Thursday, March 6th, 2014
from 8:30 am - 10:30 am for
1. Avoid close contact
2. Stay home when you are sick
3. Cover your mouth and nose.
4. Clean your hands
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects.
Cold Weather Safety
vented to the outside and don't leak flue gas into the indoor air space.
1. Falls are of great concern: put something down for friction on slick surfaces.
2. Older adults produce less body heat and it is hard to tell if the temp. is too low.
3. Indoor temperatures should not be below 55 degrees F. Dress in 2-3 thin layers.
4. Be sure to check on the elderly or make arrangements with someone else to.
Foodborne illness is any illness that results from consumption of contaminated food. It often arises from improper food handling, prepartation, or food storage.
This can happen at home or when out to eat. Everyone should observe food safety to prevent this from hapening to them. The title and picture both link to the CDC's website on foodborne illness.
Front Row L-R: Charlotte Watson, Kelly White, Reane Williams, Linda Talbott, Beverly Thatch, Lori Taffner
Middle Row L-R: Carol Davis, Gerri Douglas, Rhonda Overstreet, Judy Gastel, Glenda Epple, Lajuana McIntyre, Debbie Sheat
Back Row L-R:Lynn Nims, Jane Mayden, Nancy Robertson, Greg Clements, Shawn Watson, Cathy Williams, Bonnie Brous,
BCHD is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer