Public Health Services
Public health services include:
Show Me Healthy Women/Wise Woman- Call for information
- Blood Pressure Screening- Free.
- Lab Draw (with physician order - Non-Medicare)- Call for appointment. Priced per test.
- Immunizations- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. We do accept some insurances through the VaxCare program and Private Pay. VFC vaccines- No insurance, American Indian and Alaskan native and underinsured for 18 & under welcome.
- WIC- By appointment, Tuesday & Thursday.
- STD Testing- Call for information.
- Lead Screening- We accept Medicaid or $15.00/screening. Lead screening is on Wednesdays or call for appointment.
- T.B. Screening (PPD)- We accept Medicaid at $15.00/test. These are done on Monday, Tuesday , and Friday.
- Family Planning- Call a public health nurse for more information.
- Prenatal Classes - Call for information or to schedule classes.
- Health Education- Call for information.
- Pregnancy Testing- We accept Medicaid or $10.00/test.
- Blood Sugar Screening- $5.00.
- Hgb (Iron) testing- $5.00.
- Communicable Disease Follow-up.
- HIV Testing & Counseling- Call for information.
- Immunization records- Free.
- Copies of records- First page is free then $0.50/page.
**Donations are accepted.
- Birth and Deaths
- Certified Computer Generated Birth & Death Certificates
- Births: Present - 1920
- Deaths: Present - 1980
Home Health Services may include:
- Skilled Assessments
- IV Therapy
- IM & Subcutaneous Injections
- Cather Changes & Care
- Ostomy Education & Care
- Disease, Diet, & Medication Education
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Wound Care/Advanced Wound Care/Wound Vacs
- Fall Prevention Education
- Baths & Personal Care
- Laboratory Specimen Collection
Other services for those who qualify include:
- Homemaker Services
- Respite Care
These services are available when three basic requirements are met
- Be under the care of a physician
- Require intermittent skilled nursing care
- Be homebound or confined to the home because of illness or injury
Home Health Services are paid by:
- Private Insurance
- Private Pay
Call (417) 682-3363
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our Home Health Care professional and qualified staff offers a wide range of specialized medical services, including:
- Skilled Nursing
- Nurse Aide
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Environmental Public Health Services include
Barton County Health Department recognizes the importance of public health emergency preparedness activities in the community. The department participates in emergency preparedness planning initiatives in the local, state, and federal levels. Public health emergency preparedness includes planning and epidemiology services. These services are supplemented by a contract from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. Through this contract, the department offers regional planning and epidemiology services to the surrounding area.
Always be Ready in 3:
- WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children. It helps mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy.
- Women who are pregnant, brestfeeding, or whose pregnancy recently ended.
- Infants and children under 5 years old
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Nutrition and health education
- Personalized nutrition counseling
- Referrals to other health programs for you and your family
- Checks to buy nutritious foods
- You must meet the WIC income guidelines
- Be at a nutritional risk
- Be a Missouri resident
- During some visits, the WIC staff will check to see if your family is still eligible. This is called a certification
- You will need to bring proof of identification, income, and address
- Tuesday and Thursday
- Call or visit Barton County Health Department and Home Health Agency